Friday, April 4, 2008

Trees

I think that I shall never see, something as maddeningly frustrating as a tree!

I love trees, but I'm starting to hate them. One of the thing that really sucks about having a box van, is that it is too tall. Trees used to be friendly, wonderful things to me, but now they are evil, threatening things that reach out with deadly arms to destroy my van and anything on it.

Over the last two days, I've had three really nasty encounters with trees. Yesterday, one left several of its branches embedded into the roll-up door in the back of my van. Today, another one rammed my van right in the right front corner where it is already injured. A little while ago, another one scraped the crap out of the roof so much that I had to move, the noise when the wind blew (which is constantly, here) was louder than traffic.

Yeah, I know I shouldn't be parking next to trees. And I should look first. That's just it, even if I could see them before I decide to park, there's no other choice. These foul van-destroying creatures are planted every few feet on every block in every neighborhood, rich, poor, old, new, residential, industrial, retail, it doesn't matter. And parking isn't that easy to find regardless. There is no choice: to park, there will be a tree in the way.

Naw, I do love trees. But it bothers me how much I'm starting to dislike them. I feel like soon one of these is going to rip the top off of my van, or screw up my solar panels, or just generally cause me great grief. It's not a good feeling.

No comments: